Trujillo Peru North Mission

Trujillo Peru North Mission
Amos de la Viña

Monday, November 30, 2015

Tender Mercies

Tender mercies are special gifts from the Lord, 
sometime great and wonderful, sometimes small and almost inperceptable.
I am learning that the more I am grateful for all things, the more tender mercies I notice and receive.
For instance, a late plane cause a re-routing...and I ended up in Miami
4 hours from Miami lives on of my favorite families in the entire world, and they drove to Miami 
to spend a few minute in the airport with me...
The best 20 minutes of hugs, kisses and conversation I have ever had.
Thankful for a delayed flight.
Thankful for a son and daughter-in-law that would drive 4 hours for a 20 minute visit.
...and catching iguanas, of course!
Thanks Brian, Tiffany, Brynnly, Bryce, Chace and Brooklyn.
Then another missed plane, an offer to ride in a car to Escondido, California.
Thankful for new friends who graciously offered me a ride, saving 11 hours for family, 
instead of waiting in a hotel and airport.
Arriving in Escondido was a joy, first stop was to Kim and Arnie's for a little rest.
Then to pick up my mom.  How exciting to spend time with my mom, our 4 daughters 
and all of their spouses and grandchildren. 

Thankful for my mom, and two lovely days together.
We spent the day attending soccer and basketball games, 
eating lunch (great cottage cheese, tomato and basil sandwiches).
We wore out mom, and she decided to stay in for the evening.
The rest of us headed to Red Robin.
Photos above include Becky and Addy, Kim and Riley, Stefany with Jacelyn and to the left Luke.
Axel, Elli and A.J. enjoying French Fries and drinks before dinner. 
Jorden, Michael, Blake (our new grand baby, first time together), Arnie and Axel).

Gunnar, Scott and Conor, and Aiden, look at that burger!
Addy and Grandma...I just love all of these sweet grandchildren.
Sunday, we all went to Church in the San Pasqual Ward, said some brief hello's, 
We had an early Thanksgiving dinner at Becky and JJ's,
then headed for the airport at 4:00pm.  
Thankful for quick weekend trips, thankful for family, for soccer and basketball games, 
Thankful for grandchildren who are healthy and love sports, Thankful for my sons-in-law.
Thankful for great food, love, kisses, Blake and early mornings with grandma.
...and most of all, I am thankful to the Lord for all of these tender mercies in my life.