Trujillo Peru North Mission

Trujillo Peru North Mission
Amos de la Viña

Friday, September 4, 2015

A few pictures, a week in review

I love Peru, and I love seeing things that are so different than I could have seen in the United States. 
 I keep my cell phone with me always (Elder Haacke may disagree with this), 
and I like to take pictures of things that I think are lovely, unusual, or things that just make me smile.
So I thought I would share a few pictures that bring a smile to my face.
 There was time to proselytize with Hermana Salinas and Hermana Rosado in 
Los Baños de Inca.
 …and time for Elder Romero and Elder Heward to shine the shoes
 of Sister Sofán and Sister Reynolds.
 There was also time for Sister Reynolds and Sister Sofán to have a quick snack of Cuy…yep those are live Cuy, known in the U.S. as Guinea Pigs, a real favorite meal here.
We saw a family of 4 on a motorcycle with their packages.
 We found this cute little house outside of Cajamarca.
 We watched a woman sewing purses and her friend weaving the fabric in Porcon.
 We walked through the zoo, and saw this beautiful stream, notice the two houses on the right.
 There was also time to play with friends, this slide was slow, but Elder Haacke, Elder Bond, Sister Vaughan and Sister Angell couldn't resist the ride!

 We walked in the sun and enjoyed watching the lions taking a nap. 
 We met some new friends, this is a type of eagle, and I love the scarf around his neck.
 The Macaws were beautiful.
 We visited the beautiful Andes Mountains, the area is called Cumbemayo, outside of Cajamarca.
Elder Bond and Elder Marshall enjoyed their time with the Cajamarca Zones in this lovely area.  
A beautiful pre-inca bridge.  It reminds me of some of the Roman Ruins throughout Europe.
The canals in this area date back to 1500 BC (before Christ).  
The aqueducts and canals are cut out of volcanic rock and snake down the hills to Cajamarca. 
Hope you enjoyed seeing some of the Peruvian Country-side.